Monday, September 23, 2013

Update: Networking progress - continued

I made a much needed change to how networking works. Now, the client tickrate is completely separate from not only its graphics tickrate, but also the network send/receive tickrates.

I've noticed that interpolation is a little bit jerky, especially when jumping. I'm hoping to fix this by implementing cubic spline interpolation, replacing linear.

On a side note, I think I'll try to post a substantial blog update once a week. I had originally planned to do a daily update, but I realized that writing even a simple post takes more time and effort than I gave credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment